Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Letter from to Miss A. M. Southard to Miss A. C. Patterson 1842-07

Miss A. C. Patterson
care of D. Macy
Lawrenceburg
Ind

Indianapolis, July 1[6?]. 1842

Dear Sister,
We received yours of the 17 and also
of the 4 with much pleasure. I am happy to inform
you I have neither left for Zenas? nor __oway. and shall
not I presume this summer. Though Jane and Mat
has left Madison has employment on the road again
Jane expects to stay at her Fathers some time. Jane looked
very prominent before she left  She said would write
you soon. Oh Almira & believe I did not tell you
how we were received on our arrival  we got home about four
oclock in the afternoon  The day Wm Macy left.  after __ing
all day with out eating any thing we felt very much like
eating and thought we would until we got home but to
my great surprise we found the old Mormon away from
home and not a thing to eat and every thing dirty
it appeared to me they had tried _ow bad they could have
things you knew what promises she made me before we
left they were _y ernst they were? broke before we got
out of the gate. w  have had a glorious living so much
so Mrs Southard has had to take medicine several times she has
apepared yeny? any towards me  I suppose she thinks
we are intruders  she has her potty little _ughter set up
so she can not cook a bit this morning  She _,e if
would do the cooking to ))y she and Cl___ would sew
at ___ cote  I had done it for several times I jus? do? herd?
our campmeeting comences next thursday  Father is
young to have a tent I shall take but very little
interest in it & go to Fathers Foundys? class
Mr Southard is a regional attendant I just close
by subscribing my self
your Sister
Am M Southard

Almira Mrs. [Sou?]thard would like to receive
a letter from you Mrs Macey from Cally Anna?

No comments:

Post a Comment