Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Letter from Phillip Ellsworth Guckes to wife Mary Rebecca Bainbridge 1907-08-20

Envelope: Postmarked : Philadelphia Aug. 20 12-30A 1907 PA MOUNT AIRY STATION 2¢ Stamp

Mrs. P.E. Guckes
Ocean City.
Stosel? Brighton N.J.


PHILIP E. GUCKES
Attorney and COUNSELLOR AT LAW
PHILADELPHIA Thursday

Dearest Wife
This is one you don’t deserve for I have a suspicion that you will not do as well by me. I had a good nap coming up and after a fairly busy day came up to the club with Cabe? and played there close sets of tennis. Cabe took the honors 2-1  I hold Winehamdon? today that I was going off this coming Saturday And as usual he acted as though he had swallowed a B????? and didn’t say a word so that is settled. I’ll be down on the 4:20 tomorrow if nothing happens.
There is not much more to say than that I love you, sweetheart, and wish the next twenty-two hours soon? past. Love & Kisses for both of my most precious treasures.
Your Phil.

No comments:

Post a Comment