Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Letter from David Macy to wife Mary Ann Patterson 1883-09-07

ST CLAIR MINERAL SPRINGS
"THE OAKLAND."
OPEN THROUGHOUT THE YEAR.
St. Clair. Mich. Sept 7 1883

Dear wife
I am here, taking brother, eating, sleeping,
have gained three pounds in weight and feel
quite well. have a little cough, but sleep well
at night.  I believe my hearing & eyes hav
improved at least it so appears to me, "The
Oakland is thinning out since the cool
weather set in, but that is so much the more
pleasant for me but not so pleasant for the
landlord. Macy & WW? Read seem to enjoy
themselves here, and are agreeable
to me. as I am here and think I am improvin
in health though I think I shall remain until
Thursday next and then leave for home. My Daughter
Carrie Malott wrote me a postal saying
you were all in good health & getting along
very well -- If I am needed at home please
telegraph me and I will come at any
time  I take a bath each day at 11 oclock
and lay down for about [obscured] minutes and
then eat Dinner occasionally go up to M Clair
and Roll but [illegible] but not much of the
latter as it is rather hard to work I enjoy
loking at the [illegible] number of Road &
Schooner pass---
Affectionately yours
David Macy
P.S. say to Carrie that I thank her for the
Postal she sent me and if I do not
answer this letter will? do for you & her
Well?

No comments:

Post a Comment