Saturday, October 18, 2014

Letter from Edgar Hanks Evans to grandson Evans 1947-07-28


THE EVANS COTTAGE
ROARING BROOK, HARBOR SPRINGS
MICHIGAN

July 28 – 47

Dear Evans,

Heartiest congratulations on your engagement! Of course I knew it was anticipated and it needed only the matter of formality to warrant any mention of it! You are to be congratulated on securing the regard and affection of such a lovely girl and she has reason to be gratified that you are a man of such outstanding character and ability.

May I also congratulate you and Acme Evans Co that you have cast your lot with them. It will be a great opportunity for you can make yourself valuable to them.

I expect to see you in the near future but I wanted to put in a formal way what I feel about you rather than simply a verbal expression.

With all good wishes for your welfare and happiness I am
affectionately your grandfather

   Edgar H Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment